Apparently running a generator at a house without power is the reason two children died in Elkin. According to Surry EMS, an 8 year old girl and her 7 year old brother were found dead early this morning. Their mother was found unconscious but alive inside the home. She was airlifted to Duke Medical Center. Two animals were also found dead in the house. Reportedly, the family had just recently moved to the residence on Elk Spur Street in Elkin. The power was not hooked up yet and a generator had been left running. It is believed the children and animals died of carbon monoxide poisoning.