A single wide home was totally destroyed in a fire Tuesday morning leaving two people in the care of the Red Cross. Just after 8am Tuesday morning, firefighters from Millers Creek, Cricket, and Champion were called out to a structure fire off Green Acres Road in Millers Creek. According to Fire Marshal Kevin Bounds, Chris Shepherd and Jacquelyn Hawkins lived in the home. Bounds said no one was at home at the time of the fire as Shepherd and Hawkins had just left for work. It is believed the fire started from an electrical problem with a fan in the living room. The single wide was totally destroyed. The homeowners had no insurance, so the Red Cross was called to help them with temporary housing and clothing. No injuries were reported; however, Wilkes Rescue was called to the scene to assist firefighters.